Net-Zero Live 2020
November 10-12 saw members of SBRC-Nottingham participate in “Net-Zero Live 2020” - “the biggest virtual event of its kind connecting thousands of energy, sustainability and resource efficiency professionals around a common purpose: to accelerate climate action and drive a green recovery.”
Taking place over three days in a virtual format, this event included high-level keynote talks, interactive panel discussions, facilitated networking sessions and educational masterclasses, as well as virtual exhibition booths showcasing the cutting-edge, net-zero technologies and services that will shape the decade ahead.
Manning the SBRC-Nottingham booth over the course of the event were a cast of real stars, our 9 volunteer academics (students, post docs and senior research fellows) ably supported by the SBRC admin team. At the booth, visitors could watch our new two-minute video about the work of our Centre as well as talk to our experts. We also produced a stand-alone webpage summarizing the work of the Centre and handouts for visitors to take away.
Interest in SBRC-Nottingham
Around 300-400 visitors attended the event on each of the 3 days.
- We had a total of 23 visitors to our booth from environmental products, media, government agencies, health services and energy generation.
- Our team spoke directly to around 9 attendees, mainly during the networking sessions.
- SBRC attracted 7 new followers on Twitter whilst The Carbon Recycling Network acquired 4 followers and 2 new members.
- One of the interactions generated talk of a potential collaborative project, but we still await further details of that.
Special thanks go to:
- Ying Zhang
- Kati Kovacs
- Craig Woods
- François Seys
- Swapnika Challa
- Kavita Yadav
- Andrew Dempster
- Benedict Claxton Stevens and
- Jess Locker.
Not forgetting of course, the admin team:
- Alan Burbidge
- Loretta Waddon
- Louise Dynes and
- Jacque Minton.
For more details about Net Zero Live 2020 visit: https://netzerolive.com/
For the SBRC-Nottingham 2 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5HEbXWQczs